Thirty in Thirty — Day 1
In thirty days, I turn thirty.
Thirty seems like it is one of those milestone birthdays — No longer in my twenties, supposed to be an adult, can’t act like a kid, should be starting a family — so, it got me thinking about where I am, how I got here, and the last 30 years.
For the next 30 days I will write/create/draw/ponder/photograph and philosophize about these last 30 years and post daily on medium.
True to my form, I missed posting this on the first day (but promise I wrote it yesterday), but for the next 30 I will post on time. Consider today a two-for-one deal.
My fear is that this is cliche or that I am setting myself up for failure. At first I was going to write everyday for 30 days, but the pressure was overwhelming, which is why I have chosen to post anything.
I am not sure what I expect to come of this. Ideally, and hopefully I have some sort of “profound-inner-self-discovery” along with some antidotes and stories.
However, there are a few things that I do know:
- I want to commemorate the past while dreaming about the future.
- I want to think about moments that seemed like big life decisions or milestones, but now seem like the obvious path.
- I want to write about future goals and how to get there.
- I want to share any advice that has always stayed true in my life.
- I want to thank/acknowledge/photograph/write/pay homage to important people in my life.
- I want to produce instead of consume over the next 30 days.
I am very excited to see what the next 30 days will bring and I look forward to embracing my 30th year and remembering all that has got me here.
Check out day four here… and why I missed day 3, or how SXSW consumes all things.
Thanks for taking the time to read! If you enjoyed this post, be sure to 💚, follow, and share so others can enjoy too and if you want follow me on IG!